Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Link up below!

1. This is my view right now, as a I simultaneously finish tomorrow's powerpoint and write this post. I know I should put him down, but he's just so cuddly. 



2. Today was day three of full-time working and daycare. The good news is that Sawyer is doing awesome during the day- he's there for eight hours and has been sleeping for half of the time. He comes home happy and I don't feel quite as bad. We're home by 3 or 3:30 in time to eat, play, and rest a bit before the whole dinner-bath-bed routine. I'm still sad because I love being around him all day, but I am happy he's adjusting so well (and sleeping from 11:30 to 5:45 when I have to wake him up to eat and leave). It looks like we'll survive.

3. Tomorrow is our first day with students- dun dun dun. I'm hoping each day speeds by.

4. I wish splash pads were popular when we were young. They look so fun and I'm sure our parents would have appreciated an additional option for exhausting us during the summer.

5. I want to create some sort of on-going Scrabble game in my classroom. Besides putting magnets on the back of letters I've got nothing in terms of the logistics.

6. Things I feel a little out of the loop on: ISIS and Sinjar Monutain, current immigration reform steps, types of life insurance, Israel and Palestine developments (did the cease fire end up happening), and all this crap that's happening in Missouri with the racist police officers.

7. Things I know too much about: torticollis, ebola, hot-car deaths, Fit Bit battery issues, and vaccination schedules.

8. I'm always torn about celebrity deaths- I have trouble getting truly upset over people I don't personally know. I can appreciate that they sometimes draw attention to controversial issues that people have trouble talking about, though, like addiction and depression. 

9. Boris is still sitting in my garage, waiting for his forever-mother to come pick him up.

[messy garage FTW]

10. I love these fruit hacks- the strawberry one is great, and I had no idea that pineapple juice was so effective for coughs. 


6 comments:

  1. I am so happy that your son is adjusting you going back to work. Have a good day tomorrow with students. What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that things are going so well with the daycare. Good luck with the returning students! I hope it's a great school year for you.

    I feel out of the loop too. I have no idea what's going on in Missouri and need to read up on it today. I've seen bits and pieces on Twitter but not enough to really understand what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I do remember daycare...and the anxieties we feel while away from our precious little ones. Hang in there!

    As for celebrity deaths, if it is someone we have enjoyed watching in movies or on TV, in some ways the loss feels personal...to me, anyway. And it does raise issues that we all have to confront at one time or another.

    Enjoy your baby and focus on the positives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a great routine for Sawyer. And daycare is always harder for the parent than the child. Both my children were in full time day care (Jack from 3 months old, and Emily from 5 months old), I definitely felt guilty at times but I feel it really helped them when it came to starting school. Them having already adjusted well to being away from me and the home for a full day. Jack starts kindergarten next month, and some of his class mates have never been in that environment or away from their moms for more than a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seemed to have missed the fact that you've taken Boris in? lol, aww :)

    Love that first photo! Glad to read that you and Sawyer have a routine patted down with daycare and working. I can only imagine what it must have been like at the start! Best of luck with the new school year and with the students :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going back to work after having a baby has to be really hard, but it sounds like you are being really sane about it. I have a friend who's fixing to go back to work and people were saying on facebook how heartbreaking it is. No, going to work and leaving your baby with your mother-in-law is not heartbreaking. It might be difficult and sad and a whole host of other things but heartbreaking? C'mon y'all.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS