A Long Weekend/Piss Off August

This long weekend was so very, very much needed.

We laid low part of the time at home and then yesterday I took Sawyer to my grandparent's house for a big gathering for my grandma's birthday. 

We walked, I baked, he practiced rolling from his back to side (but not belly to back, because he's too cool for that normal baby stuff). 




August was tough. It was hard at home, it was hard at work and, to cap it all off, hot as hell.  It was just not my favorite month. 

September through mid-November is the longest stretch of the school year, but I'm going to do my best embrace it. I'm going to buckle down and get back to basics. I'm going to quit bitching (maybe) about the heat (and my electric bill). I'm going to enjoy every moment I have at home with my family. I'm going to be healthier, in every way. I'm going to focus.

And I'm going to read more. So, there's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS