Top Ten Tuesday- Halloween Costumes



I seriously can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween- probably high school. It's not that I have anything against it- I just haven't had the need. This week The Broke and the Bookish ask us what characters we'd dress up as- I'm going to go ahead and extend that to literary costumes, just to give myself a little more leeway. 

1. Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz- This is more of a leftover from childhood, since I remember wanting to be it and not being able to.

2. The White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia- I don't do princesses, but her regal attire is something I could get on board with.

3. A publishing exec- I picture them all in Banana Republic. Sign me up.

4. A librarian- While I know librarians come in all shapes and sizes, I'd play up the part with a pencil skirt, buttoned-up shirt, a severe bun and glasses. Yes, this isn't a far cry from what I wear normally.

5. A doctor from a book that is about doctors- Really, I'd just like an excuse to buy a pair of scrubs (aka pajamas you work in).

6. An author- The author costume would really just be me in a new Anthropologie dress. That's what writer me would wear on an imaginary book tour.

7. Lisbeth from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- My wardrobe would typically not be labeled as "bad ass" so this would be fun.

And a few that I would not like to be:

8. Katniss from The Hunger Games- Purely out of protest.

9. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter- Sorry, but those robes aren't even a tiny bit fun.

10. Anyone from Frozen- Just because I'm already anticipating inventing a game on Friday that's called "Every time Elss rings the doorbell take a shot" (or in my case "Every time Else rings the doorbell eat a Kit Kat" since I can't drink and would probably not get completely plastered around tiny little people anyway).

Halloween plans? We're dressing up the baby as Han Solo, and I'm supposedly making the dogs into Princess Leia and Chewbacca. Mostly I'm just hoping that I can find Reeese's Peanut Butter Cups on sale the next day. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that Elsa will be a popular costume this Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh my gosh I somehow managed to forget about Frozen for a small amount of time - there really are going to be Elsas everywhere, aren't there? Whyyyyyy?! D: The White Witch would be a fantastic choice for Halloween. :D (Although if you think about it, there are quite a few similarities between her and Elsa...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for not anyone from Frozen! There are going to be so many Frozen characters running around on halloween. :(
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-characters-i-would-want-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who did the costume option! And I can't believe I forgot to put it on my list-I did dress up as Lisbeth Salander one year in college, and it was awesome. I got tons of fake piercings and an incredible fake dragon tattoo for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS