2014 Resolutions- Failure, Accomplished


I find it's always a good idea to humble yourself, on occasion. One way to do that? A December review of January's New Year's resolutions. Let's see how horribly I did this year.

Pre- Baby:

1. Read 40 books (FAIL)
Only 20! How lame.

2. Blog an average of 4.5 times per week (ALMOST)
I think it was closer to 4.

3. Become a better commenter (I HAVE NO IDEA)
I'm sure I had better weeks than others.

4. Read at least 5 nonfiction books (YES)
Victory is mine! I read 7.

5. Finish the rough draft for the writing project I am working on (HAHAHAHA)

6. Go to the Festival of Books (FAIL)
This was because no one there really impressed me.

Post-Baby
1. Read 23 books (CLOSE)
I think I'll end up somewhere around 20, so not too bad.

2. Blog 3 times a week (YES)
I've gotten good at fitting in posts.

3. Go to one reading (YES)
I went to Rebecca Skloot last month.

4. Find some awesome, well-written kid's books (YES)
I'll do a post on some of our favorites soon.

Interestingly, I was more realistic of my life with a baby than life without. Or, more likely, I was just over-ambitious, per usual. 

Any resolutions you kept? Do you even make any (I love 'em)?

 

3 comments:

  1. Love your resolutions. I have no one, but maybe to read more books next year should have been one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, great recap of your resolutions this year! I'd like to think I've done fairly well with my resolutions this year, but I'd have to go back and look again xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about half and half this year on my resolutions -- I'm not sure I feel up to making new ones for 2015, though I usually do. This coming year feels very up in the air -- though I do find it interesting to read that you were more realistic about your post-baby goals -- I hope I can do that was well if I decide to set any!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS