Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[last weekend. we have returned to 70 degrees. brrr]


Link up below!

1. Today it was either an extra hour spent on the blog, or an extra hour nap because someone wasn't really into letting my sleep last night. You  will very quickly see what one won out. 

2. My New Year's Resolution was almost "start wearing heels" until I realized how my rebellious my right ankle is (the one with the mutant extra bone) after balance exercises. PiYo has quite a bit of them in there, so flats it is.

3. I vote that the Frozen obsession end now. It has gone on long enough and I'm sick of seeing the merchandise.

4. When I was in second grade my science project was called "Different Hearts Go Different Speeds" and I made everyone I knew, near and far, do a lot of jumping jacks and take their pulse. I did research at the library and made a poster board with a hypothesis and everything. And the I grew up and become an English teacher.

5. I am registered to do a half marathon in two weeks. I can run about two miles straight right now. I was prepared to eat the registration but the kind people at Surf City are letting me defer this year. I had no idea that was possible! Ask and you shall receive!

6. I just finished I Am Radar by Reif Larsen and am trying to let everything percolate. It was such a rich text, but I'm thinking maybe a tiny bit to ambitious? Or maybe I just need to let everything sink in. 

7. This is the slowest week ever. I was out for an all day meeting Monday, was back in the classroom yesterday, and was out all day today. The rest of the week is normal, but I swear tomorrow should be Friday. Not swear. Demand.

8. Podcast sluttiness FTW- now that Serial is done I'm sampling new ones. After I find a few that are good I'll do a post. 

9. One of the best things about having a little kid is seeing them notice, and love, the most mundane things ever. This morning when we got to daycare there was a huge flock of birds overhead and Sawyer was completely captivated by them. We stood out in the middle of the street with our necks craned up watching these stupid birds at 6:45 in the morning.

10. Trader Joe's pre-made pizza dough is the worst.

 

5 comments:

  1. It was -9 here this morning -- I definitely live in the wrong part of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember and love that about little kids, their interesting view of the world....mine are all grown. But then there are the grandkids, and they have an especially interesting perspective, since most of them are glued to their devices. (My grandkids range in age from 19 down to 12.

    Wasn't it just the other day that they were all babies, even my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the warm weather. I hope it continues so that I have a sunny birthday.

    I love Frozen. I can't wait to go to Disneyland and ride StorybookLand with the new Frozen city added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow re: #4! That's one very awesome science project you did ;)

    I was initially interested in watching Frozen, but then I didn't, but I am pretty much done with seeing it everywhere O_O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen obsession needs to go, I agree. I've always loved Tangled more. And good luck with the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS