Three Recipes to Try

I like to read, but I also like to cook. And weekends mean meal planning and grocery shopping for the days to come, so food is one the brain. 

PSA: here are three recipes that I've tried over the past few weeks that were so good I had to share:



Berries 'n' Cream Icebox Cake- I ate 3/4 of this on my own it was so good (I'm not exaggerating). Honestly, the whole concept is magical; a cake that you don't have to cook. Don't skip the homemade whipped cream part- the almond extract sets it over the top. I think when I make it again I might try chocolate graham crackers and just strawberries, since I like chocolate and blueberries are just okay in my book. Whatever you do, though, it'll be great- it's pretty hard to screw up.



Fresh Peach and Gin Tonic- I hate making my own cocktails because so often you need many different ingredients, and not much of each, creating waste. I had these on hand (minus the tonic water) for something else (the next recipe, actually), so this was perfect. Make sure to eat the peaches- they absorb the carbonation of the tonic water and are delicious. And, because I'm a teacher and feel obligated, this is obviously only if you're 21.

Crispy Bacon Pasta Salad with Fresh Herbs- I made this as a meal, served cold, with garlic bread and I loved it. I did make some changes, though. First of all, I despise bacon buuuuuuuuuut I am okay with pancetta. I know, hardly a difference. But, pancetta is thinner, saltier, and so much less to cook. You really do need to have some fat to cook everything in though, or you won't have the same flavor, so skipping it wasn't an option. I also forgot to buy feta, so I used shredded mozzarella and I if I were to make it again I'd purposefully do the same thing. I know there are a ton of ingredients, but it's worth it. I promise. And it's one of those recipes that don't require precision, so if that's more your thing this is one to try (as opposed to baking). 

And a few to try soon:










No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS