A Morning at the LACMA

Last Saturday the three of us headed to LA to visit the Guillermo del Toro exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). I'm not really a fan of del Toro (nor am I not a fan, I just haven't seen many of his movies), but my husband is and I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to visit an art museum I love as a family! I haven't been in maybe four or so years and I've never taken Sawyer, so this was perfect. I want to go back without my little guy soon to see the rain exhibit, since tickets are really hard to get and the entry timing is so precise (it's a room of rain that you stand in but don't get wet, due to some fancy censors). Some pictures from the morning:

[the del Torro exhibit- Sawyer was pretty interested but a little disturbed]

[this piece from his house was great- the old guy was sharing his cookies with the goblins]


[if you live in the area you have to take your kids to go see Metropolis 2; there are hundreds of cars and trains that exceed 200 mph!]

[Sawyer watched it for thirty minutes; we did many laps around the exhibit]

[Augh! No touching!]

[Sawyer lost his mind with excitement when he saw this piece and the only way I could get him to calm down was to let him take this picture]


[off to run to the rock!]


I promptly succumbed to the worse stomach virus I have ever been afflicted with in my entire life a few hours after we got home, with the rest of the family soon to follow. At least we got one fun thing in this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS