Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[Art of the Brick]


Link up, link back, say hi!

1. Lately I've really been craving time to read, bake, cross stitch... and run. Obviously those are some of my favorite hobbies, but I think with all the craziness (and rain) of January I've been gravitating towards things that bring me comfort. 

2. PSA: Buy Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute. Slice some potatoes, zucchini, onion, and chicken sausage really, really thinly. Saute it all in olive oil and then sprinkle the above seasoning generously and toss in a few lightly scrambled eggs. Healthy and so, so good.

3. Last weekend we drove down to San Diego to see The Art of the Brick exhibit at the Fleet Science Center before it moved on and it was a huge hit with the three of us. Nathan Sawaya is a lawyer-turned-artist and there were over 100 LEGO sculptures to look at. We also spent some time walking around Balboa Park, since it was a perfect 72 degrees.

4. I just stared Roxane Gay's newest short story collection, Difficult Women. So far, so good (not that I had any doubt).

5. Saturday morning we have a sitter lined up so we can have a super hot date DOING OUR TAXES (and no, not like on Full House when Joey told Michelle that the newlyweds Jesse and Rebecca were busy upstairs "doing their taxes." We are sadly going to the accountant). We always get money back, but it's just a pain and a waste of childcare.

6.  I am listening to My Year of Running Dangerously by Tom Foreman and I love it so far! I'm a sucker for nonfiction about running, but this one is really good so far (Foreman is a journalist who takes up running with his daughter so they can train for a marathon together). I finished listening to The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher and I'm sad to say it was a little disappointing. 


2 comments:

  1. That Lego experience sounds awesome. I can see why you would have to have a lawyers income to get started, though. Lego is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I always think of that Full House episode when we are doing our taxes. I listened to My Year of Running Dangerously last year and really enjoyed it too. He's a great storyteller so I'm glad I opted to listen to it over reading it.

    #2 is making me hungry and also sad that we don't have Trader Joe's up here. Mail me some?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS