Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Hey! Link up, link back, say hi! This is going to be a short one, folks:

1. I cannot even begin to describe the anger I feel at Trump right now. North Korea is like a toddler, and Trump is like the caregiver that lashes out instead of rationally dealing with the craziness. Instead of arguing about watching extra Paw Patrol we're talking ABOUT DESTROYING LIVES AND RUINING COUNTRIES. 

2. I am listening to How to Murder Your Life, a memoir by Cat Marnell, and right now it's so bad it's good. Barely. 

3. I recently finished listening to Beartown and I still can't decide about the ending (I don't want to give it away). I was enraged when I finished, and still basically am, but I've rationalized it a little. 

4. Last Friday Sawyer and I drove down to Torrey Pines, a state beach north of San Diego, and while it was warm, it was absolutely beautiful. I have been before, many years ago, but I had forgotten about how many trails there are in the area. We will definitely be back once the weather cools down a bit. We met my brother there and then headed up to Solano Beach for lunch. That area is really cute too, so I'd like to explore it a bit more.

5. I'm already getting excited about fall outings and activities, despite the 95 degree temperatures. Apple picking, scarecrow making, pumpkin patch visiting... Too bad we realistically have six weeks until we might get a brief hint of fall (and that's if we are lucky). 

6. I have a lot of reading going on- I just finished a running memoir by Catriona Menzies-Pike called The Long Run (I love her name), and am now reading Ayn Rand's Anthem and Katherine Boo's Behind the Beautiful Forevers, about the slums of India. 

7. I started back to work for three teacher-work days on Monday and Sawyer is in preschool full time now (I have students tomorrow), and one minute I'm totally into it and thinking how well all of our transitions are going, and then the next I am dead-ass tired and wondering how I can sustain this sort of momentum (or even half of it). Ah, adjustment periods. Always fun. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't even with #1, talk about throwing the diplomacy/the way global affairs works out the window =/

    Like I kinda get what the author was trying to do with the ending for Beartown but I think I expected more? I was so raged on behalf of one of the characters though...I need to find my review of the book, my reaction to it is pretty hazy (other than I read most of it in one night).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so frustrated by the ongoing craziness that is Trump....and I have daily fury about how he can manage to screw up so much in such a short time.

    I've been wanting to read Beartown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Trump, just ugh. I can't believe there are people who still support him at this point.

    My kids haven't started school yet (well, my daughter is the only one on school I just want summer to end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even want to talk about Trump! Especially of his comments, or lack thereof, after what happened in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS