Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Link up, link back, say hey!

1. Due to some minor stomach issues, I had to avoid coffee and Diet Coke today. I am completely miserable, and I don't care what that says about me- my drug of choice is completely approved by the FDA, thanks. My head doesn't hurt at all, surprisingly, but I have unintentionally nodded off twice today (not while driving or with students in my classroom, don't worry). Tomorrow I should be back on the sauce. 

2. Halloween was a success! Sawyer was a shark, I was Batman, and my husband was the Daddy Who Got Home in Time to Go Trick-or-Treating this Year. We went with the neighbors and the kids go way too much candy. Luckily my stomach is feeling better and I can start implementing the Mom Tax (hopefully the Republicans don't take that away). 

3. Go buy Everything but the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's right now, then put it on basically everything. 

4. I think I found a new band to love: Portugal. The Man. I'm still undecided, but they're growing on me.

5. Last Saturday I went hiking with my friend on a trail that runs a five mile loop in the hills of Claremont. I love exercising with friends- you can catch up while getting a work out. I ran seven miles the next day and by Monday my legs were total toast. 

6. I just started Jeffrey Eugenides' newest book of short stories and so far, so good. I might read The New Jim Crow concurrently, but we'll see.

7. It's November! My favorite month- the weather is cooler, we get a day off for Veteran's Day, I get to go away for a weekend alone, we have our anniversary, I get a week off (while Sawyer's preschool is still open so I can take him part of the time), and there's all the fun of cooking a Thanksgiving feast. November is where it's at. 

4 comments:

  1. I love both October and November...October because of several family birthdays, and November for the Thanksgiving holiday, my favorite. (All that food!).

    I am still struggling with how quickly the year has gone by!

    I would suffer a great deal if I couldn't have coffee! I actually get headaches if I go without it for very long...sigh. Hopefully you'll be caffeinated again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving also equals no gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkins! I may have to steal this idea for next year!

    And I agree that November is one of the best months of the year. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You get the three F's -- family, food and football. Can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS